Benefits for Gipuzkoa
Gipuzkoa is highly dependent on external sources for its energy. A new energy model would mean:
- Reduced dependency on energy imports.
- Reduced economic susceptibility to fluctuations in energy prices.
- Improved energy efficiency.
- Lower carbon emissions.
- New opportunities for companies in the region.
- Local job creation.
Benefits for companies
The main economic benefits of the energy transition, as envisaged, are:
- A positive impact on industrial revitalisation.
- Job creation.
- Business opportunities for SMEs.
- Greater profitability in companies.
- A significant reduction in energy bills and industrial costs.
- Improved competitiveness.
- Reduced dependency on imported energy with an associated reduction in costs.
- Greater energy efficiency.
- Reduced spending on energy in the home.
- Additional source of income in the rural milieu from the installations required.
Focusing on the environment, we know that renewable energy sources…
- Are inexhaustible.
- Are clean and do not generate difficult and costly-to-treat waste.
- Help reduce emissions of CO2 and other pollutant gases, thus contributing to the fight on climate change.
- Lead to an improvement in air quality.
- Foster the sustainable development of communities.
The net result will be a reduction in the climate impact, thus making it possible to meet the government's environmental targets, needed to meet the goals of the Paris Summit.