Founded in 2016 by the Environment Department of the Provincial Government of Gipuzkoa, GK Recycling grown steadily and sustainably since then. It now comprises nearly 70 organisations, including companies, technology centres and universities, environmental foundations and consultancy firms.
During this time, members of GK Recycling have attended trade fairs and organised exhibitions, symposia on the environment and the circular economy, lectures and international trade missions.
Among its aims, GK Recycling seeks to.
- Boost the economy and new lines of RDI for re-use and creation of new recycled products and efficiency in the consumption of materials.
- Influence waste disposal policies, promoting economically and environmentally sustainable models of reuse and recycling.
- Explore new employment niches in the field of reuse and recycling, by promoting the importance of the circular economy.
- Become a hub for communication and participation amongst different agents from the industry.
- Become a tool for disseminating strategic information.
- Become a platform of collaboration between companies, institutions and technology centres.
- Promote the creation of new recycled products.
- Encourage business symbiosis to define axes of innovation.
- Launch pilot innovation projects.
- Increase awareness and visibility for potential and real ways of turning waste into a resource.